Click here to return to Japan Years homepage

Monday, July 21, 2008

Before and After

For reasons that I'm still trying to decipher, tonight I decided to shave my head. I've been cutting it pretty short for the past few months anyway, but tonight, I thought "to heck with the 1-guard" and went to town on my melon. Observations:

1. My head is kinda funny shaped.
2. It doesn't feel as weird as I thought it would.
3. My head is actually warmer now (but I don't know why).


Anyway, before you laugh too hard at my new head of skin, I've also included a picture of me circa 1995, when a much younger me had a full and uncontrollable head of hair.


By now you must be hoping for Nicki to post again soon!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeff D said...

This sort of thing is best done when the wife is on another continent for two months...good work.

Tue Jul 22, 12:25:00 AM GMT+9  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks. Today, I got the expected amount of joking from the guys at work. But it was all worth it after the gym tonight when I went to buy myself a bottle of wine to go with my dinner. The lady at the register asked for ID. When I showed her my base ID, she said she needed one with my birth date. Since the drinking age in Japan (on and off base) is 20 years, she must have assumed I looked about 12 years younger than I really am.

Tue Jul 22, 05:30:00 PM GMT+9  
Blogger Antipasta said...

There's must be a guy thing. When I left Pat alone for a week vacation to visit family about 6 years ago, he also shaved his head.
:)
You aged well for the past 13 years. I though it was a photo shop pic at first.

Su-chun

Wed Jul 23, 04:14:00 AM GMT+9  
Blogger Karri said...

Much better shaved! Your hair in 1995 looks like Marissa's in the morning before I use the detangler. :)

Thu Jul 24, 05:51:00 PM GMT+9  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks karri,

I had to wait until Nicki left because she prefers me with a bit o' hair on top. It'll grow back before I see them again though.

I don't know what happened with my 1995 cut... woke up one morning and it was all like that.

Thu Jul 24, 08:52:00 PM GMT+9  
Blogger ablykins said...

omg- the fro you were sporting in '95 is classic! Too funny! Your new do looks nice!

John has been droping all kinds of hints about shaving his head recently since he's convinced it will help him stay cooler in this hot, humid Guam weather. I agree with antipasta, it must be a guy thing! lol

Thu Jul 31, 06:12:00 PM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home