Click here to return to Japan Years homepage

Monday, July 07, 2008

You Look Like a Fine Upstanding Young Man

I returned home from a business trip that took me through Singapore and Diego Garcia, only to come home and find this unfamiliar face staring back at me:

For as long as I can remember, Nicki and I have kept Josh's hair a little long. But we recently reached a point where we thought it best to ask him how he wanted it. As it turns out, he wanted it cut short. So why deprive a kid of his own fashion sense?

This new look is the shortest his hair has been since... well... since hair first started growing on his head. And here's what's been running through my head ever since:

"Darlin' don't you go and cut your hair,
Do you think its gonna make him change?
I'm just a boy with a new haircut,
And that's a pretty nice haircut"
Cut Your Hair by Pavement

3 Comments:

Blogger Bugg said...

Hey Mike, Nicki and Josh,
We have been missing you so we just spent an hour checking your blog! I cannot believe I had only done that one time before in the past! Josh is so handsome with his new haircut! We like it!
You made me teary when I read the goodbye notes the day we left...
We went off base or off post (like they say here) to celebrate our 12th year anniversary! We had an enjoyable dinner at La Cigale Montmartre, a French Brasserie that specializes in Moules Frites.
I was looking for pictures of you pregnant and could not find any, could you send me some?
Miss you bunches,
Thomas and Nathalie

Tue Jul 08, 12:04:00 AM GMT+9  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Nathalie! There is a picture of me pregnant on my preggo blog! http://preggonicki.blogspot.com/ I'm bigger than that now.....Mike said that when he came back he was expecting me to be bigger though so, he's a good husband!

Tue Jul 08, 07:03:00 AM GMT+9  
Blogger ablykins said...

He looks great! What a handsome boy he is!

Thu Jul 31, 05:54:00 PM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home