Click here to return to Japan Years homepage

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Mr. Slim

On the hunt for a new AC unit? Don't have central AC? I just saw a commercial last night for Mr. Slim from Mitsubishi. It looks like the Japanese have decided to market their ductless air-conditioning systems to the US. These are very similar to what we use here. Our Daikin brand works by remote, has a heat, dry and cool option and is extremely quite and efficient. I suppose it would be good for someone with allergies as the screen is removable and can be vacuumed out from time to time. Much more quite than the US wall units. The dry option is really helpful in humid climates.

Also, I had a chance to get a prenatal massage at the EnoSpa on Enoshima Island. Fantastic......highly recommended.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mike and Nicki and Josh,
I just found your blog and really enjoyed scouring it for the past hour or so.
I am moving to Yokosuka in August to teach at Kinnick HS. It does not look as if the sponsorship support is going to be as it should, and we really need help and advice. We are avid world travelers, but have never visited Japan. We have a 5 year old and a 3 year old. My hours are going to be much longer in my job at Kinnick (I'm the new choral/piano teacher) than they were in previous years (K-2 General Music in a Stateside DoD school). If you feel as if you might have the time, I could really use a cyber-friend with experience and similar outlook....hannonfamily@earthlink.net.
Best,
Tricia

Tue Jul 01, 11:27:00 AM GMT+9  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Tricia,

Congrats on your upcoming adventure in Japan. As you likely read in our recent post, some of our close friends just left Japan - one of whom was a teacher at Kinnick. I'm sure you'll enjoy the position, despite the extra hours.

Your experience with world travel will undoubtedly be useful. However, Japan does have a unique vibe that takes some getting used to. Nicki told me she got back to you, so check your inbox. Any other help you might need/want, just let us know...

Mata ne (see you later),
Mike

Wed Jul 02, 05:13:00 PM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home