Click here to return to Japan Years homepage

Saturday, October 04, 2008

It Never Rains in California

Except for last night. Actually, California rains do this a lot. It will rain at night and just be overcast in the morning. Yes, we are still here in the sunshine state. It's felt good to have a little overcast weather to cool things down. It's actually starting to feel like Autumn. Surprisingly, I miss that about Japan right now. The seasons. Right now, the spiders should be just about everywhere. Last year the mosquitoes in our house where just about to give up buzzing in our ear. (Woo Hoo!). The air starting to feel cool and crisp and my favorite......YAKI-IMO!! All you Japan dwellers keep an eye and an ear out for this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRvoSF2pyt4 Also, if you are in a fairly rural area, see if there is a place where you can go digging. I'm fortunate here in Sacramento to take a trip to Oto's grocer and attempt to make some on my own.
On a bragging note, Mike took me out to the Firehouse yesterday before my doctors apt. for lunch. The Firehouse is a super duper fancy place located in Old Sacramento. I had Scottish King Salmon and Mike had the Wagyu Top Sirloin. YUM! Joshua was with the grandparents at the zoo. Thank you hon. Your the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home