Click here to return to Japan Years homepage

Sunday, October 14, 2007

13.1... all done


Yesterday, I ran my 13.1 mile Phedippidations Worldwide Half Marathon Challenge. Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and kind words along the way; and for those that donated to the Hole In The Wall Gang Camps charity. Many thanks to Nicki, who threw an impromptu breakfast burrito party for some people to help spread some love once I got home from the run, to Thomas, who met me at various points along the journey to take photos and to deliver sports drink hydration, and to everyone who showed up at the finish for the company, the high-5s and the pats on the back.

All in all, we raised over $300 for the charity, which I plan to send out within the week once the remaining donations come in. As I mentioned before, they will be sent in memory of Nicki's grandma, Marcia, who passed away earlier this year.

And for those who are wondering, I feel great about my finish time. My goal time was 2:15, but I told myself that I'd be happy with anything under 2:30, considering that I only trained for about 8 weeks prior. Now, my knees are sore, my Achilles are a bit tight on both legs, and my calves have seen better days. But in a few days, I'll be back at 100% and ready for my next road challenge.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from a neighboring asian runner. Congrats man! nicely done!

Mon Oct 15, 04:22:00 PM GMT+9  
Blogger ReyLynda said...

Wahoooooo!!!!

I left a comment on your training blog as well....

Way to go! What a great accomplishment, and I'm sure the whole family shares the glory (support is JUST as important).

Tue Oct 16, 12:42:00 PM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home