Click here to return to Japan Years homepage

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Wastin' Away Again In Yokosuka-ville

It's been one of those months... September that is, though it still doesn't feel like October yet to me. Nicki and Josh were gone for 3 weeks, my supervisor at work accepted a job offer elsewhere, the big boss asked me to take over my supervisor's workload until the vacancy is filled, Nicki and Josh returned... and all the while I've been spending most of my free hours training for the half marathon coming up on October 13.

Actually, despite my newfound double-workload and crazy race training schedule, I've been really happy recently. My new workload has enabled me to learn a lot of the financial side of our organization, which, as of October 01, not only entered a new fiscal year, but also transitioned from one organizational structure to an entirely different one. I've been learning by the ol' trial by fire method, thrown into the deep end of the lake with concrete boots and no life preserver. But alas, it's also giving me a chance to show the big boss what I'm capable of, so hopefully what he's seeing and hearing is good.

Also, the half marathon training has really impacted my daily life. It's a stress reliever, a health inducer, and an opportunity to just free my mind and let it deeply explore the random thoughts that somehow creep into one ear, through my cerebral cortex, and out the other ear. I feel tired at the end of most days, but it's accompanied by a strange new energy. I feel my legs getting stronger, my knees getting weaker, and my heart and lungs improving at their individual duties. In short, I'm really excited about October 13th.

In related news, I mentioned way back when that I would set up a page to list my charity's contributors and found a nifty way to do it through the Hole in the Wall Camps website. Too bad that I didn't figure it out sooner, because all those checks that were written to me could have just been submitted straight to the charity. Nonetheless, here's the link to my support page:

Mike's Support Page

Now, my donation collecting is legit. I signed a contract on the site and gave them my contact info; so if I don't pay up, they'll hunt me down.

Thanks to those of you that have contributed with your kind words of encouragement on our blog posts and in emails, your cheers from around the world, and the donations to Hole in the Wall Camps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home