Click here to return to Japan Years homepage

Saturday, September 15, 2007

It's Back!!!

Last year, Nicki and I saw perhaps the biggest spider in the history of the world. Okay, not really, but the thing did have it's own license plate and a racing stripe. Anyway, I can't remember if we posted about that spider sighting or not, but I'll try to summarize here:

Nicki picked me up from work one time and told me that she left the door to the house unlocked because there was a huge spider standing outside the house and she was too scared to take the time to lock the door. I didn't believe that a spider could be big enough to scare someone away from their own house, so I made fun of her - until we got home again. Sure enough, it was still there, and I'm man enough to say that it scared the willies outta me. It had to have been about 8-9 inches across and was faster than lightning. I tried to throw a rubber ball at it to scare it off... it caught the ball and threw it back at me. No kidding; it was huge and scary.

Fast forward to tonight. I went outside just after sunset to play guitar on our back porch and enjoy the coolness of the evening. In the shadows near our eggplant garden box, I unmistakably saw the same type of spider that gave us the fright last year. Tonight's was a little smaller, but only by a little bit. Needless to say, I jumped back into the house, put down my guitar, and ran up to get my camera. Now, it was nighttime, my aim wasn't good, and my focus was even worse, but here's the clearest shot I took of the thing.



Anyone looking to adopt a pet?

3 Comments:

Blogger Weinraub Family said...

OMG Mike. I tell EVERYONE about that nasty large spider you guys saw last year, but honestly, I could have gone my entire life without seeing a picture of it in your house. EWWWW. I SERIOUSLY hate spiders. Do have any idea how long it is gonna take me to get the nerve up to go back to you house?

Or maybe that was the point!? LOL

Sun Sep 16, 08:36:00 AM GMT+9  
Blogger ablykins said...

ZOMG!! That is a seriously huge, knarly spider! I get the fidgets just looking at it! I think he's making a well timed arrival right before Halloween season! LOL Good luck co-habitating with your little porch squatter!

Mon Sep 17, 01:59:00 PM GMT+9  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike, you can keep the spider. Of course KC may like it . . . HA!

Mon Sep 17, 11:25:00 PM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home