Click here to return to Japan Years homepage

Monday, July 03, 2006

The Photographer


Ah, the photographer is now on the receiving end of the camera! I thought that our readers might enjoy this pic of Mike at a Birthday party that we attended last weekend. (at which we took over 400 pictures that we are now weeding through) I absolutely love this picture that I took of Mike. This face embodies everything I fell in love with. I can't tell you how many times he flashed those pearly whites nervously at me during our first (blind) date. Funny how I don't remember what we talked about but I distinctly remember that smile. OK, enough cheese and fluff. I don't want to bore you all with sentimental memories. I just thought that I would open a small window for a bit.

The weather has been heating up and perhaps that's why we've been neglecting our blog. We've been out trying to enjoy the "mild" part of summer before entering the "dog days" of summer. There are many things that we want to take the time to discover but for right now, we've just been sitting back and enjoying the not-so-rainy Rainy Season. The pool has opened up on base and I've been taking Josh there during the week so that he can become more comfortable in the water. He'll be 3 in August, so really this is my last summer to have him all to myself. In a few (6+) months, I'll start to look into pre-schools, but until then he's all mine! How fast they grow and how quickly they lose that innocence. I think my favorite thing about being a Mom right now is having the magical power to cure all pinched fingers, scraped knees, cuts and bruises with a kiss.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gingers Mom said...

That is so adorable! I love the cheese and fluff. It gets me everytime. Great picture.
Enjoy every minute you can with the little man too. I can't believe he is turning 3. It seems like just yesterday we were sitting around in that little house in OB hearing about his impending arrival. Sniff. Ok, hormones....

Thu Jul 06, 08:00:00 AM GMT+9  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post! I love hearing about people's love stories- i.e. "the cheese and fluff"! LOL

I'm glad to hear that you guys have been able to get out and enjoy the summer weather! I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures and hearing about your adventures!

Thu Jul 06, 08:59:00 AM GMT+9  
Blogger Unknown said...

Kristin, I remember sitting on our nasty black futon in our 500 sq foot place in OB....when you were expecting Savannah. You and Dan had just picked up a new fan and you were just dieing of the Summer heat! It doesn't seem that long ago.

Aime, I hear that you made an investment in the Rebel? There are many many more pictures in the works for us. Went to a Birthday party last weekend and Yokohama Sea paradise. We have about 600 pictures to file through. If anyone is at all interested in seeing some way long ago pics of our trips together before little Josh, visit "Our Story book" page under the links section.

Thu Jul 06, 01:58:00 PM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home