Click here to return to Japan Years homepage

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

This is a short one

I hope that you all enjoyed the most recent pics that Mike has posted. He has been busy pulling late nights trying to get more on the blog, so stay tuned! Most recently, we are in the market for a good babysitter. I've put up some flyers on base and stopped by the Red Cross. Maybe, if anyone local has a high school age child who needs some extra $$$? Anyway, after having Mike's parents here, we realized how much we need some more alone time together.

Also, I finally posted an entry on my Kitchen blog, so check it out if you have the chance. I am slowly but surely incorporating more Japanese style cooking into our daily dinners & meals. I've finally learned how to make simple sushi rolls , rice balls, dashi & miso. Along with several other simple Japanese recipes. This most recent recipe reflects that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Cool! You're gonna have to give me a personal lesson on how to cook Japanese style when you get back. I totally understand about needing time alone. It's hard enough when you are at home, let alone a foreign country. I'm not sure if you guys have found a church over there, but a lot of times there are resources there.

Tue Jun 06, 11:54:00 PM GMT+9  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicki, I love your cooking site. All those recipes sound wonderful and I'm going to try all of them. Really. Like you, I like recipes that have few ingredients and are easy to make. But taste so goood. My compliments to the chef.

Wed Jun 07, 12:34:00 PM GMT+9  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Lucy! You've encouraged me to keep up more with it. Just added Yakitori on there too.

We are working on the babysitter thing. The funny thing is that there is some good money to be made off base. (I know a lot of women willing to pay pretty well for a good babysitter! I think that we may have found one though. I haven't started calling the girls on the red cross list yet. The Community center/ Red cross office on base prints out a whole contact list of girls that are certified. In fact, I think my little sister is going to go through the class at home.

Wed Jun 07, 03:27:00 PM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home