Click here to return to Japan Years homepage

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Kamiooka Shopping Extravaganza

Today, we decided to take a train ride up to Kamiooka Station to walk around the big shopping area there right around the station. We bought Joshua some sandals, but after walking around in them for a few minutes, he got a blister. So we took them back and got a refund.

We ate at a Pepper Lunch restaurant for the very first time... very popular beef restaurant chain here and I'm surprised it took us this long to go to one. Sure enough, the plates were as good as everyone had told us they would be.

We were fortunate enough to find a few cool things that we'd never seen before:



The little Mickey Mouse is a guitar pick. Joshua loves playing guitar with his daddy, so when we saw a huge selection of guitar picks at the music store in the shopping center, we let him choose the one he wanted.

We're also all a little addicted to Pringles, but had never seen the pickle flavor chips before. Sure enough, they taste like pickles. So much so, that I find myself eating them while thinking to myself, why on earth didn't I just buy pickles instead?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looked up the restaurant online. I felt good that they said you could cook your steak however you wanted, because in the pictures they all looked raw! Flavored chips of all kinds seem to be really be in here in Ca. as well, like Salsitas, which are tortilla chips that taste like they have salsa on them (but nothing beats real salsa!)and gucamole flavored chips (again, nothing beats the real thing!) I think is is really interesting to hear about Japanese products. Even the Happy Meal toys are different in town, I bet! Glad I took the time to read your blog!! We are very busy moving!

Love,
Mom

Tue May 06, 12:10:00 AM GMT+9  
Blogger Unknown said...

When the meat comes it's red but the plate is hot like a skillet and cooks at your seat. Part of the fun is turning it and "cooking it"

Tue May 06, 07:07:00 AM GMT+9  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

In Canada they have all kinds of flavored chips. I grew up with Pickle chips. Ketchup chips are a big deal up there too. I didn't know that Pringles made them though.

Tue May 06, 08:13:00 AM GMT+9  
Blogger ablykins said...

It was great to run in to you on the base the other day! How fun that you guys are now on the Pepper Lunch bandwagon! We sure are going to miss it but I have to say I'm itching to try all of the spam creations in Guam since I heard is all the rage there- just like in Hawaii. Those pickle chips look great and sound tasty!

Fri May 09, 11:15:00 AM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home