Click here to return to Japan Years homepage

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Big Sis, Little Bro, Great Buddha

There's not too many things that I can claim dominance at over Nicki, but one thing that I generally hold as truth is that I'm a better photographer. Then she goes to Kamakura and has a day like today.

Nicki's brother, David, is in town visiting. I had separate plans today with Josh to visit Sarushima ("Monkey Island") with a few other guys, so Nicki took the opportunity to have a sister/brother day and they hit the tracks to Kamakura to visit the beautiful Hase area. During their early morning adventure, they were able to catch both the Great Buddha (Daibutsu) and Hase-Dera, which to me is one of the quintessential temples of Japan - though I'm admittedly no expert on such matters.

Nicki took the camera with her today, so I'll have to rely on other guys in my group for pictures from Monkey Island, but Nicki was able to take some really great shots of David during their adventure in Japan's former capital. There's a few up now on the Gallery page dated 08/11/2007.

Next on the David Does Japan tour, a visit to Japan's current capital, Tokyo. Stay tuned...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How great that the two of you were able to spend some time together--thanks, Mike! I wish you would have had a picture taken of the two of you--it looks like David is having a great time--I can't wait to hear all about it!
Love, Mom

Tue Aug 14, 01:23:00 PM GMT+9  
Blogger Unknown said...

Laura,
Don't worry! We're back from Tokyo (within the hour) and there are over 300 pictures to go through of each and all of us. We're all worn out though, so it'll probably be a bit of time before they get processed.

love, us

Wed Aug 15, 09:02:00 PM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home