Click here to return to Japan Years homepage

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

4 years

Yup, I'm shamelessly advertising that today is our 4 year anniversary. Just a couple of quick scanned pics to show you how happy we once were.....ha! Just kiddin'.

Every anniversary, Mike has made it our tradition to watch our wedding DVD that my cousin so generously put together for us. It covers just about everything during the ceremony and a little after as well. Coincidentally, it's also my parents anniversary, so April 26th has a lot of meaning to it. We aren't really planning on doing too much. Mike's going to take us out to a restaurant this weekend that he heard about. He and I are trying to explain to Josh about the significance of this day. He doesn't quite get it. He thinks that we are getting married... However, he really enjoys looking at our wedding pictures.

Several days before our wedding in the Sacramento Valley it had been raining and raining. We had some dear friends from the east coast come out to California (for the first time) and were greeted by rain storms. We were very fortunate, we chose to have the ceremony outside in my grandparents backyard. This is a backyard that was created specifically for wedding ceremonies (and has been rented out as such) complete with dual descending staircases. During that time my grandmother was religiously checking the weather reports. She warned the groomsmen that they may have to be moving furniture to the garage if we had to switch the ceremony to indoors. Folks were comforting me by saying, "Well, hon it's good luck in Chinese tradition if it rains on your wedding day." I who was in complete bridezilla mode, poo pooed that.

The night before, I completed fell apart into a puddle of mush and my maid of honor had to coddle me until I fell asleep. The morning of, we were awoken by the warm California sunshine... WHEW! I drove off to the salon to get primped and prepped. The rest of the pre-wedding stuff is a blur. I remember getting pictures and walking down the steps. Mike was shaking like a leaf during the vows and had to ask the dreaded, "Uh, can you repeat that?" to the justice of the peace.

The wedding was at around 11:00AM, and the reception was one that will go down in the history books. The location couldn't have been better, since there was no time limit on our reception. Our east coast friends stayed behind for a looooonnnng time (about 8:00PM which we wouldn't have had it any other way) and my grandparents ended up ordering pizza for us all.

It's gone by fast, but there have also been so many other things that have happened. My siblings are almost all grown up. The day of our wedding, my stepbrother was to be confirmed and he will now be enlisting in the Navy in a couple of months. My 2 youngest sisters (who were about 9 & 10 when we got married) are almost in high school. My maid of honor is now married with kids and almost all of Mike's groomsmen are married with kids as well.

Time really does fly when you're having fun.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! Congratulations! Love, VA mom and dad

Thu Apr 26, 11:17:00 PM GMT+9  
Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Happy anniversary. I was a gorgeous day that day and a beautiful wedding. 4 years? We were already married and had bred at that point. Now we are just old and have over populated. I hope you have a great day.

Fri Apr 27, 06:46:00 AM GMT+9  
Blogger ReyLynda said...

Time DOES fly when you're having fun! What great photos, and Happy Anniversary to a wonderful, adventurous couple! May all the upcoming years be just as spectacular and special -- we'll drink a toast to you guys here in the U.S.!

Sat Apr 28, 07:45:00 AM GMT+9  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! Thanks for sharing your wedding story and some great wedding photos! When you walked down the isle did you ever think you'd be living in Japan someday? So glad to hear you guys are enjoying the journey together!

Tue May 01, 08:56:00 AM GMT+9  
Blogger Unknown said...

Not at all! When Mike said he would show me the world, I honestly thought it was just a line!:)

Tue May 01, 04:52:00 PM GMT+9  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Wed May 02, 09:35:00 PM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home