Click here to return to Japan Years homepage

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Hump Day Update

As I created the title of this post, I started to wonder if the phrase "Hump Day" is an American expression or if it's something that is used throughout the English-speaking world to describe Wednesday. In case you've never heard of it, Wednesday is sometimes called Hump Day. The reason for this, at least the reason that was taught to me, was because by Wednesday you had reached the Hump in the week and you started to head back down towards the weekend. As it turns out, it's almost Thursday for me now in Japanese time, but many of you around the world are just starting your day... which means I'm closer to the weekend!

Anyway, I finally got around to adding photos from our trip to Kamakura to visit the Great Buddha, and our trip to Yokohama's Chinatown and MM21 areas. Scroll down several posts to see our wonderful shots.

Also, if you have a keen eye, you've noticed that I removed some of the links to old pictures and websites from the left side of the blog. I've put those links back on their rightful webpage - if you've known us for a while, you'll recognize it. Under our new "Links" section, click on Mike and Nicki's Storybook, which was our original webpage before we moved to Japan. It looks a little bit different because I put it into the Blogger system, but for the most part it's very similar and all of our old pictures and links are there for your viewing pleasure.

I also thought I'd show you what I've been learning, because I think it's pretty neat. My new camera came with software for PhotoStudio 5.5, which is supposed to mimic some of the cool things that can be done with Photoshop. Here's an example of what it can do. I took a shot from the Great Buddha trip (pic #1) and added blue skies and removed some tourists (pic #2). How cool is that!??!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to make an off color comment but I decided to hold my tongue. :-)

Great photos!!

Fri Dec 02, 03:21:00 AM GMT+9  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your home looks so awsome. I love the Japanese rooms they have so much character. Please let Nikki know I say hello and I hope she is well.
Jade's site is edmundjadeabay.blogspot.com there haven't been any updates because her camera is acting up. But maybe you can print off some pics for Nikki. Kaili is so sweet she barley crys and Jade seems like she has always been a mom.
I love the pic with Josh and the little girl. they look so cute.

Have you guys met and cool couples to hang out with?

Crystal

Sat Dec 03, 02:01:00 AM GMT+9  
Blogger Unknown said...

Chuck P, part of the reason I explained Hump Day was because I wasn't sure if some people would think the way you started to... congrats on USC's big win over UCLA today.

Crystal, thanks for the link to the Abay website - Nicki was excited to see their little girl today for the first time.

-Mike

Sun Dec 04, 01:00:00 PM GMT+9  
Blogger Christine said...

i like your pictures! you live in mabori kaigan? i used to live at 2-28-47 mabori kaigan.

Thu Aug 03, 11:19:00 PM GMT+9  
Blogger Unknown said...

Christine,

Thanks for checking out our blog! Yes, we live in Maborikaigan and love it here. Sounds like we could have been neigbors... your old place is close to us.

-Mike

Sat Aug 05, 07:36:00 AM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home