Click here to return to Japan Years homepage

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Passports Are Here

I got the message this afternoon from our travel office. Passports have arrived, which means we're able to start moving things along now. Next step is to set up for the shipment or storage of all of our personal possessions. Oh yeah, and to get our travel arrangements completed.

Nicki and I are getting more and more excited, but we're also starting to feel more and more nervous and overwhelmed. Work has really been picking up for me here in the office, too. My replacement has arrived and I'll be trying to focus on transferring a lot of my project files to her over the next couple of weeks. Hopefully, that will be a smooth transition. But I also just ran into a few additional emerging issues here at work that will probably require my immediate attention. Turns out that one of our construction contractors uncovered quite a few underground storage tanks that date back to the 1940s in the middle of one of our high-profile job sites. Since construction is underway, we need to get the tanks out ASAP to minimize construction delays, but we need approval from the San Diego County Dept. of Environmental Health to do the tank pulls, and that may take some time regardless. Fun, fun, fun!

Nicki and I will probably need to get all of our stuff ready for shipping/storage by the end of the month, so that we can head up to Sacramento for Nicki's cousin's wedding early next month and fly out by mid month. With any luck, we may be able to fly to Japan from Sacramento, which would save us from having to come back to our empty apartment in San Diego after the wedding. More later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home