Click here to return to Japan Years homepage

Friday, September 02, 2005

We're moving to Japan!

It all began on July 21, 2005, with an email in my work inbox. I was out of the office at the time, so I didn't actually receive the email until the following Tuesday, July 26. The message indicated that I was offered a position in Yokosuka, Japan. The first thing I had to do was figure out that Yokosuka is pronounced (by my coworkers at least) as "Yo-koos-ka", for reasons beyond my understanding.

After gathering as much info as I could about the offer, I brought the idea home to Nicki. We talked about it and decided to go for it. Since then, we've applied for passports, talked to family and friends, and begun tripping through the unusually long paper trail and red tape to get the process going. We also gave away my beloved pet boa constrictor, Lucy (photo), to a good home and sold Nicki's prized Honda Civic.

But we're still a little ways from heading over, with an expected moving date of October 15th'ish.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Just thought I'd test to see how easy it is to post comments.

Sat Sep 10, 06:48:00 AM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home